> Game overview
A simple Battle City style arcade game optimized for gamepads and local multiplayer.
Connect up to 3 gamepads and play with your friends using a single computer!
> Browser play notes
This game can be played in the browser, but it's recommended that you use a desktop build, since browser version has poor performance.
If you're playing from the browser, consider using Chrome (better gamepads support and overall performance).
Most browsers want to receive some input from the gamepad before it will be recognized as connected by the software. If you want to play coop inside the browser, make sure to connect all gamepads while inside the main menu and rotate the sticks on each one of them (so the browser accepts them as connected).
> Game manual
In order to learn the game basics and controls, complete the in-game tutorial.
You can play using a keyboard or a gamepad. When inside the menu, a mouse can also be used to activate the buttons.
|Action||Keyboard key||Gamepad key (xbox names)|
|movement||arrow keys||D-pad or left stick|
|back/exit||[Escape] key||(Start) key|
When you clear a level, your progress will be saved. You can start from any level: just select the level you want from the menu (the max level you can select is the last level you've cleared). There are 14 levels in total (15 if you count the tutorial).
- Plasma - cheap and effective
- Gauss - long range, slow moving projectiles
- Assault - short range, rapid fire
- Hurricane - short range, rapid fire, can hit the target twice
- Sonic - improved plasma, damages allied walls
- Howitzer - very long range, can't damage the neighbour cell
- Railgun - powerful ray that damages everything in its way
- Flamer - very short range, shots 3 high-damage projectiles
- Launcher - very long range missiles with high damage
- Regenerator - heals allied buildings and units
- Minelayer - deploys deadly mines that stay for 30s
- Shield - a shield that makes you invulnerable for ~1s
- Primary - makes primary weapon fire 20% faster
- Special - improves the special weapon (see the list below)
- Both - applies both primary+special weapon bonuses
Improved special weapons:
- Flamer - firing rate is improved dramatically
- Launcher - +1 max ammo
- Regenerator - restores more HP, can destroy enemy mines
- Minelayer - deployed mines stay forever
- Shield - reflects most of the projectiles back
- Armor - increases the max HP
- Speed - increases the tank movement speed
- Rotation - increases the tank rotation rate
DATAStream - 'The Street of Rage' (SOR) music track by 30thFloor, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0).
All sound effects are generated by sfxr (by drpetter)
The explosion effects are based on https://untiedgames.itch.io/five-free-pixel-explosions
Everything else is done by quasilyte.
Download the game binary and run it. Only windows-amd64 (x86-64) and linux-amd64 platforms are supported.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.