Would be great to have a downloadable version
An RTS game that looks like an old-school C&C, but has a couple of twists.
Assemblox is a game where every building can be deconstructed into something else, at any time. Build your economy and forces using your modular Constructor units and lead them in battle with Commanders!
How to play:
- Select your Base to produce Constructors and Commanders at the cost of Energy
- Use Constructors to build structures
- Some buildings require more than one Constructors
- Reassemble building at any time and get your Constructors back
- Select Commanders to form a battle group with produced units
- Produced units follow the Commander, use it to launch an attack!
1. Generator - increases Energy income
2-3. Turrets to defend your base
4. Repair Station - heals nearby units
5-8. Buildings that produce units you designed
- Move the cursor to the camera edges on the Left and Right to pan the view
- Left Mouse click on a unit/building to select it
- Right Mouse click to move the selected unit
- For buildings that require multiple Constructors, send extra constructors by right-clicking the construction site
- Attach/Deattach your battle units to Commander, by using Shift + Left Mouse Click on them, while Commander is selected
- Asymmetrical RTS gameplay
- Unique base and units control system
- Neat pixel art graphics
- Modular units creation
- Dynamic disassembling of buildings
- Side-scrolling level design
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
lol I completed the game without commanders and repair stations because I didn’t know what it was. Graphics and sound are excellent. But the controls are not clear at first.
Thank you for playing this little prototype!
I totally failed to finish MVP of the game during the 2-day jam. :D The game lacks a tutorial, hints, quality of life things, etc.
I wanted to make a scroller-style RTS with unique base construction mechanics. 2 days were not enough it pull it off. I may create a proper game someday that will use these ideas.
It’s crazy to me that you can pump these out in the space of a jam. Seriously, top notch stuff. These are incredibly fun!
Awesome game, Wish controlling the troops was a bit easier.